What is Privacy
Privacy is generally defined as an individual’s right to maintain control over the collection, use and disclosure of his or her Personal Information.
“Personal Information” is information (data), whether it is oral, written or electronic, about an identifiable individual, or which allows the individual to be identified. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- A person’s name
- Age, gender, family and marital status
- Identification numbers, such as a Social Insurance Number (“SIN”)
- A person’s financial and employment information
- A person’s educational and employment history
- A person’s credit rating and payment records
- A person’s prior insurance and claims records and related policy information
- Medical and health information
At Loadlink Technologies (“Loadlink” or “we”), our commitment to protecting the confidentiality and security of our clients’ Personal Information is one of the most integral parts of our corporate values. In the course of our business, it is necessary to collect, record, store, process, transmit and otherwise handle Personal Information.
What is Not Personal Information
The name, title, business address or business telephone number of an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information. Data in which all the personal identifiers have been removed, which either anonymizes or aggregates Personal Information rendering it impossible to determine the identity of the person to whom it relates, is also not Personal Information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information to establish and service your needs. The types of Personal Information we collect, use or disclose vary with the products or services provided. We collect and use your Personal Information for the purposes identified below for products and services provided by Loadlink and its affiliates as permitted or required by applicable law.
Our Compliance with the 10 Privacy Principles
Revised May 2019: PIPEDA’s 10 fair information principles form the ground rules for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, as well as for providing access to personal information.
- Identifying PurposesWe identify the purposes for which your Personal information is collected, used or disclosed at or before the time of collection. Personal Information may be collected, used or disclosed solely for the following purposes:
- Purposes indicated in this Policy
- Purposes indicated at time of collection
- As otherwise required or prescribed by lawYour Personal Information may be disclosed to Affiliates, other plan administrators, insurance companies, actuaries, consultants, and other persons, corporations or enterprises with whom Loadlink enters into agreements, solely for the purpose of enabling us to provide our services in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- ConsentWe will obtain your consent before disclosing your Personal Information, unless otherwise required or prescribed by law. You always have the right to choose whether to provide us with some or all of your Personal Information. However, by withholding or withdrawing your consent you may, in certain circumstances, prevent us, in whole or in part, from processing your benefits or otherwise continuing to provide you with products and services. Please contact the individual identified at the end of this Policy if you have questions or comments or wish to withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information.
- Limiting CollectionWe limit the collection of your Personal Information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified. In certain circumstances, we may obtain Personal Information either from you, insurance companies, financial institutions, employers and local unions.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and RetentionWe will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected, or as otherwise required or permitted by law. Your Personal Information will only be retained for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to meet any applicable legal or regulatory requirements.
- AccuracyWe will keep your Personal Information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected and used. You can assist us in ensuring your records are current by providing us with any changes to your Personal Information. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your Personal Information and amend it as necessary. You may do so by contacting the Privacy Officer at the address provided below.
- SafeguardsWe protect the Personal Information we collect from you with security safeguards that meet or exceed industry standards. Unencrypted, electronically transmitted information is not 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us electronically or that you request us to transmit to you via the public Internet. Our security systems and procedures are designed to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alternation or destruction of your Personal information. Only authorized Loadlink employees and our trusted service providers have access to your Personal Information. Our external suppliers and service providers are contractually required to protect your Personal Information with appropriate security safeguards.
- OpennessInformation about our policies and practices relating to our management of your Personal Information is available by contacting our Privacy Officer at the address noted below.
- Accessing Your Personal InformationLoadlink will provide you with access to your Personal Information upon request, subject to applicable legal and business restrictions. For more information on how to access Personal Information collected about you by Loadlink please contact us.
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 900
Mississauga, ON L4Z 1H8
Telephone: (905) 795-0580
Alternatively, please feel free to contact us: 1.800.263.6149